Tuesday, April 28, 2009
But I did have to come out and play for a little while.....my sweet friend Teresa posted this....
Rules: IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS! COPY, ERASE MY ANSWERS, ENTER YOURS, POST IS AT YOUR PLACE. USE THE 1ST LETTER OF YOUR LAST NAME TO ANSWER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. THEY HAVE TO BE REAL PLACES, NAMES, AND THINGS. NOTHING MADE UP! TRY TO USE DIFFERENT ANSWERS IF THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU HAD THE SAME 1ST INITIAL.
1. What is your last name? DE RUITER ZYLKER
2. A 4 Letter Word? DARK
3. A Boy's Name? DARIN
4. A Girl's name? DOROTHY
5. An Occupation? DRIVER
6. A Color? DENIM
7. Something you wear? DOCKERS
8. A Beverage? DR PEPPER!
9. A Food? DUNGANESS CRAB
10. Something found in the bathroom? DIRTY CLOTHES
11. A place? DUBLIN
12. A Reason for being late? DANG TRAFFIC!
13. Things you shout? DAMMIT
Sunday, April 26, 2009
The other three that are almost done are all in cotton - two in vintage sheets and one in a fun red print. I think they will be perfect for our Disneyworld trip - nicer than a t-shirt but still breezy and cool. Pictures to come shortly:) Anyone else have a perfect go-to summer top that's quick and easy???
Thursday, April 23, 2009
You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.
You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheel s.
You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)
You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island .
You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill'. People sometimes thought you were a boy.
You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.
YEAH! You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide', on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.
You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once !
Your sleeping bag was your most prized posse ssion.
You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.
You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the sun shine family
You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.
You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!)
You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals.
You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised !
You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink!
PONG! ('video tennis' ) was the most remarkable futuristic game you've ever heard of !
Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty' with the comb you kept in your back pocket. When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off' .
You know who is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic.
You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.
YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!
It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV.
You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry. David Cassidy?' , , or
You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album.
You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.
You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!
You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker..
You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.
You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.)
You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. (?? its not??)
You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or r ai nb o w designs.
You wanted to be a dancer.
You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first 'real' perfume you ever owned.
You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Mother Earth, that is.....Earth Day rocks so here's a few links to get you in the mood....
Lots of Fun Stuff
Cool stuff from the EPA
All about earth day
The Earth Day Network
1. Find a convenient place to collect recyclable items. Most things come from the kitchen, making it a good spot to set up a recycling center.
2. The great thing about recycling is that it lets you put your favorite old containers, bins, or baskets to use. Assign containers for glass, plastic, and aluminum. To avoid messes, choose solid containers for storing items such as glass jars or cans that may have a sticky residue.
3. Take leftover plastic bags back to grocery stores where they are collected and reused to make plastic lumber.
4. Check the bottom of plastic items to identify what type of plastic they are. If the type is not recycled at your local center, consider ways to reuse the container.
5. Save water and time when recycling cans and bottles. You no longer need to rinse them out or remove their labels.
6. Recycle junk mail or reuse it as scratch paper. To opt-out of certain junk-mailing lists, go to opt-out.cdt.org
7. Newspapers, magazines, and white paper can all be recycled as long as the paper is clean and dry. Plastic wrap, stickers, or rubber bands should be removed, but staples and plastic window envelopes are OK.
8. Recycle worn-out rechargeable batteries like those used in cell phones, computers, or power tools. Go to www.rbrc.org to find a drop-off location in your area.
9. Divvy up recycling duties among family members and sort items on a daily basis.
10. Print out this list of commonly recycled materials. Post it where you recycle for easy access.
Monday, April 20, 2009
And isn't that inscription on the left just SO precious!!!!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
These last ones are covered drink canisters....but I'm having a total brain fart as to what to do with them....any suggestions?
Sunday, April 12, 2009
and a darling Spring dress for church today.
I wanted to take some pictures outside but the wind was crazy!!! Can you believe how grown up Miss S looks??? Geez!!!
I am worn out today after playing the piano for six musical numbers for church - two of which were pretty difficult - but with a lot of practice and a lot of prayers I played them just fine:) Or at least none of my errors were noticeable:)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Sunday, April 05, 2009
I found a little store in a really old part of Albuquerque that sells all sorts of lace and trims and ribbons by the yard. It was total sensory overload on my part and I wandered around and around and around the store touching and oohing and aahing over everything. I about keeled over in delight when I found a whole bookshelf full of different trims and rick rack. And then I really almost passed out when I found the polka dot rick rack. Loved it!!! But I really need more rick rack like a hole in the head so I showed a modicum of restraint and only purchased these three. BUT I can't wait to go back and get more!
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Check out her shop here:)
And check out her blog here:) Karissa's Kreations
So go say hi and tell her Raesha sent you:)